Cryptocurrency Investment

plvbob0070

Staff member
Ambassador
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Actually, it's hard to do investment in cryptocurrency and it's hard to decide what kind of investment will you conduct if you're going to do short or long term investment. If you're going to invest in cryptocurrency will you split your funds to invest in different cryptocurrency or you will gonna stick in one like Bitcoin. Then, will you do it for short or long term investment?

blckhawk

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
In my opinion, if you have enough amount of funds then why not diverse your money and invest in 2-3 more coin right? I bet you are already been aware in the quote of "don't put all of your eggs in one basket.". Much better if you will invest in multiple coins for you to minimize the risk exposure. Talking on what you will go for short or long term investment, it is still depend on your time, if you are the kind of person who used to have a lot of stuff to do then long term might be good for you but if you are the person who commits all his time in this investment then probably short will be much better.

PiroSense

Sentry
Staff member
Ambassador
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Then, will you do it for short or long term investment?
I prefer long-term, especially in this era where digital currencies are on the run and we might expect a significant increase on its value in the next years.

Almost all investors would advice to diversify your funds and never put all-in on a single type of investment. If the market for such investment goes to a decline, you'll have no backup funds that you aren't losing. Diversification of investment is one step further to achieving risk reduction on investing money.

Trading could be a lot difficult especially when a coin is decentralized, with no market regulation and policies, that leads to high volatility and therefore, higher risks of losing (or winning if you're lucky or great at prediction).

Also, investing on long-term puts you away from the emotional stress a volatile market could bring you. This would also give you time to do your own personal endeavors, improving yourself while having a passive investment.

Debonaire217

Staff member
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Probably what I will do is to stick investing in bitcoim in a long term run, considering that I will buy bitcoin in diversified time frame.

Most of the investors lost profit because they want to buy the dip and sell the ath, which in fact will not be always possible because they can't always predict the market exactly the way it will be, leadibg to huge loss of funds over time. But, if we will learn to diversify our investment - meaning to say that we will buy regularly, both dips and ath's will be in our investment. So we'll need not to worry about lossing too much, but to consider the fact that market is developing, over time, we will gain profit.

Senku21

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Actually, it's hard to do investment in cryptocurrency and it's hard to decide what kind of investment will you conduct if you're going to do short or long term investment. If you're going to invest in cryptocurrency will you split your funds to invest in different cryptocurrency or you will gonna stick in one like Bitcoin. Then, will you do it for short or long term investment?
Maybe it is better to split them apart. In my case, I will split them and invest the larger part of it on bitcoin. The smaller part of my investment will be on alts that allows me to trade at shot term. Short term trading is risky because it is really hard to predict how much value will become within the day. I consider short-term trading as an sport because you need a to be alert of it and it is fun. Just do not expect too much.

Simeon4real

Affiliate Member
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
Website
github.com
TECH
I've tried both and here are my observations:

– Putting your eggs in multiple baskets works.. (it does) however its not all the time. I know a lot of people that got rekt during the ICO bubble. They invested in multiple projects that ended up with a roi of 0.1x or less. If that amount was used to invest in Bitcoin at that time, it would've been a much better investment

Quantum

Founder of Emerging.Technology
Staff member
Admin
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
I've tried both and here are my observations:

– Putting your eggs in multiple baskets works.. (it does) however its not all the time. I know a lot of people that got rekt during the ICO bubble. They invested in multiple projects that ended up with a roi of 0.1x or less. If that amount was used to invest in Bitcoin at that time, it would've been a much better investment
Yeah the start of ICOs was throwing money at almost anything and making 2x minimum then it flipped on a lot of investors and 90% started losing.
The people I knew who continued to make a lot were the people who gave themself an edge.. buying at ICOs privately for sometimes 0.01 - 0.1 of the public price, then having guaranteed profit even if the token tanked post-ICO.
But that just meant that everyone who bought publicly got even more rekt.