Does programming AI difficult?

KevinHD

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
I'm onto technologies and programming as well. I just wonder, is programming an AI a hard thing to do? I'm just curious with what the heck does some programmers in the Youtube do. Some seemed to finish an AI in a single day to a single week.

Though I am curious how they did it. I've also done some user-based input Machine learning AI with a simple algorithm that stores a user answer to a specific question or keywords, using Java.

Are you also a programmer? If so, have you ever experienced making an AI? Was it difficult?

Quantum

Founder of Emerging.Technology
Staff member
Admin
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
I'm onto technologies and programming as well. I just wonder, is programming an AI a hard thing to do? I'm just curious with what the heck does some programmers in the Youtube do. Some seemed to finish an AI in a single day to a single week.

Though I am curious how they did it. I've also done some user-based input Machine learning AI with a simple algorithm that stores a user answer to a specific question or keywords, using Java.

Are you also a programmer? If so, have you ever experienced making an AI? Was it difficult?
I'm a programmer myself Kevin and studied some AI/ML academically.

While I was studying I built an AI rig with 2 Titan XP's when they were brand new and started to try out some deep learning with Tensorflow and Keras.

It's easy enough to find walkthroughs online and copy a lot of the code from that. The first thing I tried was a few Kaggle competitions, and also crypto time series prediction using LTSMs (a type of recurrent neural nets). Unfortunately for me, I didn't find that LTSMs were very good for predicting crypto prices profitably, and neither do a lot of people actually.

Creating models that will "do deep learning" is not that tough. Basic programs that will get a really high score on the MNIST dataset are easy to find and fairly easy to understand.

Creating new models from scratch and really understanding how they work is fairly hard, but like anything after enough time it is easier.

Reactions: KevinHD