ECC

Yoseff

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
ETX
Hi. I’m Yoseff, from ECC, one of the five projects featured in this month’s Full Moon Party.

I would like to thank Gabriel and Emerging.Technology for this opportunity. Besides all the fun of the contest, it's also good to make more people aware of our project and vision. Thanks to you all Emerging.Technology members for taking your time to know more about us. 👍

👉Allow me to make a brief presentation on who we are and what’s our goals👈

ECC is an open-source project focused on providing more freedom on the internet through the use of blockchain technology.
Blockchain has more uses than electronic cash and we believe that it can also be used to solve the problems of censorship and personal data exploitation that run rampant on the internet today.

Our history goes back to 2014, but after 2017 more intensive development took place.

At the moment we have already decentralized message working in core wallet, but still working on the “User Friendliness” side of it, thru our Sapphire wallet. Let me tell you (shamelessly) that it will be the most beautiful and user friendly crypto wallet that you’ve ever seen 😄

Some other services will work also in ECC in the near future, like for example decentralized file storage / sharing and other stuff that will probably amaze you. 😉

It is a community driven project. So, this means that there is no business or registered company running the ECC project (true decentralization, hum?).
It consists entirely of volunteers who spend their time contributing to the progression of the ECC. (It did't born from an ICO)

There is a multi-disciplinary community of actively involved people helping out with the coin and voicing their opinions on what should and could happen next.
Everyone is free to share ideas in the ECC community, from functions the coin could possibly have in the future, to the best way to get listed on new exchanges, or to how best raise awareness of the project.

We encourage those involved to ask questions and share their concerns in a constructive manner. By speaking up you might find that there might be others who share those same ideas as you and who are willing to team up with you to create a solution to solve the problem.

We welcome everyone regardless of your skillset to come share it with our project and the ecc community.

For more details, join:
Discord (Headquarters): https://discord.com/invite/BYBhQVq
Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/F_LCJQ0vhFFknOSMgxHPAw
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ecc/

Official Website: https://ecc.network/
Medium: https://medium.com/@project_ecc/latest
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/project_ecc

Presentation Video:
(over time some "tech" things changed / evolved in our project, but the main vision remains the same - worth to watch)​

ecclogo.png

Reactions: Quantum

Quantum

Founder of Emerging.Technology
Staff member
Admin
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
ETX
Congrats on being a part of such a great project @Yoseff, really like the model you guys have and the technologies that you're building.

Reactions: Yoseff

Yoseff

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
ETX
Congrats on being a part of such a great project @Yoseff, really like the model you guys have and the technologies that you're building.
Congratulations on your Emerging.Technology Forum too and the way you are putting it together. I really enjoy the way you put the Full Moon Party contest. It's a pleasure to be here. :)
Will take some time seeing more of what's going around here. Seems interesting for sure.

Regarding to ECC, the beauty of open source, and being the community driven project that it is, allows to virtually anyone be part of it.
Thanks to that we have a great community with some extraordinary minds (that continue to appear) in several areas, like coding and creating some other good solutions.

It just takes time to "get there", but we surely will. I guess it's always like that when you are "writing the map" as you advance...

Me, as i don't know how to code, i talk to people, doing my best for helping stuff to happen 😄
I also help "admining" Telegram and "moderating" Discord

Been with the project since early 2017 and truly believe that we do need decentralized solutions for a safer, better (and with more privacy) future.

Quantum

Founder of Emerging.Technology
Staff member
Admin
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
ETX
Absolutely, that's why it's a pleasure for us to partner with projects that are actually focused on technology, especially open source technologies, in the crypto space. ECC is a very appealing partner, we know that crypto users resonate with tech-centric projects as opposed to the ones that just focus on their token's price constantly.

Luckily in 2020 there are less low-grade projects floating about and more quality projects such as your own :)

Reactions: Yoseff

Yoseff

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
ETX
This "Crypto Winter" has been putting out many "less good" projects for sure, in all areas.
Once coin's unitary value is put out of the equation, only interested people inspired by some vision will remain. :giggle:

Yoseff

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
ETX
Announcement from ECC:

We are moving from the protocol development stage of the project to the ecosystem development stage.The underlying tools are implemented. They aren't complete in terms of features but the protocol itself is mostly stable and usable.

We want to start to open up the ecosystem to anyone who wants to build on top of our protocol, but before we can do that , we need to create and implement basic development tools.

If anyone in ETF is interested in helping build these, who is good at Python or JavaScript please send me a message, or even better (for faster response) join our discord group and telegram.
We have a few repos that need to be modernized / converted as a start :)