How do you mine cryptocurrency?

Futuristics

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
How does someone go from not knowing about cryptocurrency mining, to actually mining some?

CrushThePlanet

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Mining cryptocurrency is different for different cryptos. Like you can't really mine Bitcoin profitably today unless you have a big mining farm or are in a mining pool, but other cryptos like Monero can be mined at home by buying a bunch of GPUs and connecting them together.

aoluain

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Mining consists of a race to solve a computing problem all within a certain time. so the person with the best equipment is going to solve the problems quicker.

Different coins require different hardware i.e GPU or CPU and some software.
It will also mean that mining will require power most likely 24/7.

Also getting involved with a mining pool means you have a better chance of being rewarded but it also means the reward will be smaller.

Reactions: Quantum

Mina Myoui

Affiliate Member
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Mining crypto currency for me is the one of the most complex thing that can user done. Because you are the responsible for checking and validating if the information is true and also you must focus to the transaction itself. To start validation, miner must have enough requirements like example specialized hardware to supports its works.

Baby Lion

Affiliate Member
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
On the past years, mining requires a lot technology and consumes a high consumption of electricity thus can support your mining. Now, you can mine on cloud mining sites but not all cloud mining sites are legit.

xvids

Affiliate Member
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
There are some guides that you could search and read in order to learn how to mine crypto currency,
And I also think that there are also a step by step guide to set up your mining rigs and what mining pool to use.
But if you don't want to set up your own mining rigs you could just easily invest in mining clouds but it isn't advisable.

Text

Affiliate Member
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
When I am new in crypto space, I thought mining cryptocurrency is easy but I was wrong, it is very complicated rather. If you are located in a tropical area, mining using computer hardware like GPU and CPU is not for you, cause it's not advisable for the reason of climate and weather, and electricity consumption is expensive. If you also do 24/7 mining, there's a high chance to destroy your computer.
If someone offers you cloud mining, don't invest in them because most of them are not legit and scams.