Is it possible to create your own AI assistant?

plvbob0070

Staff member
Ambassador
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Well everything can be possible if you have the capability doing such things. If you have the power and knowledge you can make your own kind of assistant like that into existence.

Numbaone09

Affiliate Member
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Are you talking about artificial intelligence? Surely this is possible we could already see a lot of development in this area where they are able to create an AI that is able to learn even if it is not completely developed, an assistant like google assistant already exist. Surely we are already getting close to perfecting this kind of technology.

Debonaire217

Staff member
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Basically, the answer to this is yes and it is quite simple and easy.

Before, we had a project to build a chat bot and using few algorithms to teach the chat bot is quite easy. We could also apply different API for the chat bot to have more features other than talking and speaking what you've thought it.

One feature I've added to it is the capability to draw picture and write text. In here, I built a drawing robot using arduino Uno and connected it to my Java Chat bot application. So whenever I needed to write something urgently, I just speak and it writes the text I've given. It really helped me allot.

Here's some screen shot:

K R A M

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Definitely yes but first learn some programming languages that will make you capable of doing it such as Java Programming ,C++, C# and many more. Honestly in this times we can do tons of things through technology, not only to help you organize your day or get familiar about your habits but you can also make way beyond those things.

Smithscherzinger_135

Affiliate Member
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Yes you could but it would require you a great time, effort, money and knowledge in order to accomplish that.

First thing you need to do is to think of the specific thing you want to be accomplished. Example, You want something that could open the door for you once your on the front of it. Be specific, be precise because you have to hit one goal.

Secondly, identify the tools and medium you are going to use. Hardwares and softwares.

Third, be knowledgeable about the medium and tools you are gonna use. Do not buy something that you will not probably use because it will make you lose such money. On this stage, it requires a lot of time and effort because it is hard to study.

Fourth, once you have all the materials and your brain. You could already start on your own program/system/robot.

Goodluck!

PiroSense

Affiliate Member
Staff member
Ambassador
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Can you build an assistant that helps you organise everything in your day and learns your habits?
It depends on your current skills especially in programming. I assume a personal assistant application would be more applicable on a smart phone, and thus learning the programming language on a mobile OS such as iOS or Android would start you off.

I have a small experience in making one (PC platform using Java). It's the most basic form of AI machine learning, and uses a basic learning algorithm, but it is a Chat Bot as opposed to a personal assistant, but the same algorithm/idea could be applied.

It goes like this:
  1. The bot would await your reply/command.
  2. If you entered a command, it would do a specific, pre-defined action (could be dynamic i.e. open a webpage).
  3. If you entered something like "I want to teach you", you could actually teach the bot and store it in a database for future reference. The next time you asks it the same question, it knows what to answer. Same idea could be made on an AI personal assistant, but it is just integrated in different applications (could be third-party) such as Alarms, Reminders, Notes, etc.

Polar91

Newcomer
Posts/Comments
Received Likes
TECH
Can you build an assistant that helps you organise everything in your day and learns your habits?
Nothing is impossible with the technology that we have. With the resources available in the market, we can build anything we want if we give our effort and time througuht making things that we wanted to do. In order for us to make that possible, we should develop our logical thinking and apply it to certain project we wanted to accomplish such as bulding our own AI assistant.